sWith its ever-changing menu, Starbucks is one of the most popular coffee chains, and their dairy-free alternatives ensure that even vegans can get their coffee fix.
There are few things to keep in mind when placing an order at Starbucks, but with this up to date guide, you can get your foods and favourite coffee beverage cruelty-free.
Dairy-free milk options
You can make any regular or seasonal drink vegan by swapping the regular milk for your preferred dairy-free alternative. Starbucks offers dairy-free milk like soy, coconut and almond for an extra charge.
That means it’s easy to opt for a vegan version when it comes to most Starbucks drinks like coffee, hot or iced tea and special beverages.
Are Starbucks syrups vegan?
If you like bringing your drinks to the next level, you’re in luck as most of the Starbucks syrups are vegan. Flavours like hazelnut, caramel, coconut, vanilla, gingerbread, mocha and many more can add the sweet twist to your favourite coffee.
Just make sure you check with your local barista when trying a new syrup.
So what are the vegan options at Starbucks?
There are a few things on the coffee chain’s menu that you have to beware of like whipped cream, cinnamon dolce sprinkles, chocolate java chips, protein powder and Greek yoghurt used in smoothies, and most sauces.
As delicious as the final touch of sauce can be, stay away from these because they are not vegan. Sauces from Starbucks like caramel drizzle, white mocha sauce, salting toffee drizzle are not plant-based. Stick to syrups instead.
If you opt for a milk alternative you can safely enjoy most of Starbucks drinks. There are only a few ‘nos’ when it comes to your options.
The most controversial drink seems to be the autumn hit, Pumpkin Spice Latte. Many claim this is not safe for vegans.
We found out that you can make your own alternative by asking for the Pumpkin Spice mix, which is vegan, to be added to your basic latte with a choice of your preferred alternative milk without the pumpkin spice sauce.
The Pumpkin Spice mix contains only spices like nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon, creating that special autumn flavour.
Starbucks drinks that are 100% free of animal-based products
There are far more vegan options just beyond these new summer flavours.
- Freshly brewed coffee
- Caffe Americano
- Coconut milk latte
- Matcha Lemonade
- Hazelnut Mocha Coconut milk Macchiato
- Pink Drinks and Violet Drinks
- Ice Shaken Black Tea Lemonade
- Iced Shaken Green Tea Lemonade
- Ice Shaken Hibiscus Tea Lemonade
- Iced Shaken Peach Green Tea Lemonade
- Teavana Chai
Vegan Starbucks drinks
There’s also a variety of drinks that can be made vegan by opting for alternative dairy-free milk.
- Caffè Latte
- Mocha Caffè – ask for no whipped cream
- Caramel Macchiatos – ask for no caramel drizzle sauce
- Classic Hot Chocolate
- Flat Whites
- Java Chip Frappuccinos – ask for no java chips
- Chocolate or Strawberry smoothies – make sure to check about the protein
- Flat whites
- Green Tea Lattes
- Gingerbread Lattes – ask for no whipped cream
- Chestnut Praline Lattes -ask for no whipped cream
- Toffee Nut Late – ask for no whipped cream
All of the Starbucks frappuccinos can be also made plant-based. If you ask for no whipping cream and your favorite dairy-free milk.
The only non-vegan frappuccinos are Salted Caramel Mocha Creme Frappuccino and Salting Caramel Mocha Frappuccino. But you can easily replace the caramel drizzle sauce with caramel syrup.
Starbucks vegan food
Over the past few years, many plant-based alternatives have been. Added to the franchise’s menu, making it friendly for vegan customers.
- Vegan All Day Breakfast Burrito
- opt for water or dairy-free milk- Vegan Mac Oatmeal –
- Sprouted Grain Bagel and the Plain Bagel
- spreads for bagels: Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, Classic Almond Butter, and Organic Avocado Spread
- bowl Vegan Superberry Açaí
- Vegan Chocolate and Coconut Overnight Oats
- Vegans Wrap with Falafel &Slaw
- Vegan Beetroot Wrap
- Vegan Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Lentils & Vegetable Protein Bowl With Brown Rice
- Vegan- Almond Butter and Pistachio Chocolate Bars
- Vegans Chocolate and Raspberry Minicake
- Macadamia Oat Cookie
- Fruit Salad
- Charles Chocolates’ Caramelized Crisped Rice Bar
- Fruit Bars
- Fresh fruit
- Roasted almonds
- Mixed nuts
- HIPPEAS Organic Chickpea Puffs
- Bissinger’s 75% Dark Chocolate + Sea Salt Mini Chocolates
- HIPPEAS Organic Chickpea Puffs
- Sea salt potato chips
- Some KIND products -check if they are honey free
- Deliciously Ella Double Chocolate and Caramel Cups
Even during the current coronavirus pandemic, Starbucks delivers nationwide with the option of contactless delivery or ordering and paying through the Starbucks app.